Passport – Application Lodgement Appointment Hours
Passport application lodgement at the Australian High Commission Colombo is now by appointment only. Clients seeking to lodge Australian passport applications should contact the Australian High Commission on +94112463232 or +94112463200 to make an appointment. Appointments are available between 9:00am and 12:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
**Please note, appointments are not required for the lodgement of Emergency Passport applications. These may be lodged at any time between 8:30am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday**
Passport collection hours are between 2:00pm to 3:00pm, Monday to Friday.
When lodging an Australian passport application (child passport or first time adult passport), the following items are required;
- Original Birth Certificate
- Original English Translation of Birth Certificate
- Citizenship Certificate
- Previous Passport (if applicable)
- For a child’s passport application, both parents’ passports
- Address confirmation documentation, e.g. utility bill, see www.passports.gov.au for further information
- Photographs meeting Australian passport photo requirements: see www.passports.gov.au or further details
- In some cases, for child passport applications, parent’s marriage certificate is also required
- For first time adult passports, proof of identity is required, e.g. driver’s licence www.passports.gov.au
In order to ensure all statutory requirements are met prior to lodgement, we recommend that you visit www.passports.gov.au for further information.
If you require any additional clarification, please contact the Australian High Commission Colombo, Consular and Passports Section on +94112463232 or +94112463200.