The Australian High Commission in Colombo aims to decide 75 per cent of visa applications in the timeframe specified for the relevant visa category. For more information on our global processing times for each visa subclass, see: Service standards.
Actual processing times are dependent on a number of factors, such as:
- whether you have provided all necessary supporting documents when you lodge your application (see: Visa checklists)
- how well and how promptly you respond to any requests for additional information (for e-lodged applications all documents should be provided through ImmiAccount)
- how long it takes to complete any required checks on information you have provided to support your application
- how long it takes to receive additional information required from areas outside the department particularly in relation to health character and national security
- how many places are available in the migration programme.
You can also assist us to process your application as quickly as possible by undertaking medicals before lodging your application (where medicals are required). See our instructions for completing medicals before lodging your visa application.
The decision to grant or refuse your visa application is decided on the information and documentation that you include at the time of lodgement.
Please do not contact us to request status updates on the processing of your application as this only serves to slow processing times down. We will not respond to these enquiries where the application is within global processing timeframes.