Application for an Australian Passport
All applications must be lodged in person and by appointment only in Colombo. Applicants need to ensure they provide passport photos that meet our passport photo guidelines.
Frequent Traveller Passports:
The Australian Passport Office no longer issues Frequent Traveller Passports (64 pages). Refer to https://online.passports.gov.au/ for further information.
Please note that when lodging your Australian passport application the following items are required for a child passport/first time adult or replacing a lost/stolen passport;
- - PC 8 passport application form
- - Original Birth Certificate
- - Original English Translation of Birth Certificate (if applicable)
- - Citizenship Certificate
- - Previous Passports (if applicable)
- - Both parents’ passports (only for child passport)
- - Address confirmation documentation, e.g. utility bill,
- - Photographs meeting Australian passport photo requirements:.
- - Proof of identity Documents,
see https://www.passports.gov.au for further information
Passport adult renewal forms (PC7) and relevant information can be obtained from https://online.passports.gov.au
*Passport application lodgement at the Australian High Commission Colombo is by appointment only
*Passport collection hours are between 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday (appointments are not needed)
Payment method for Passports is by credit or debit cards (visa/master cards) only. Cash payments are not accepted.
The Australian Passports (Application Fees) Determination 2015 provides for the annual CPI indexation of Australian travel document fees on 1 January each year.
From 1 January 2018 the following fees will apply:
- 10-year passport for persons aged 16 and over - $282
- 5-year passport for children under 16 years and persons aged 75 and over - $142
- emergency passport overseas - $178
- The overseas surcharge for children under 18 years - $53
- The overseas surcharge for adult applicants - $105.